The Law and Political Economy (LPE) in Europe Network invites applications for its first Summer Academy, which will be held at Erasmus University Rotterdam, between the 27th and the 29th of June 2023.
LPE in Europe is a movement of legal scholarship and praxis that seeks to show how law contributes to the social, economic, and ecological crises that we face, and how it could become a tool in addressing them. In this intensive 3-day Summer Academy, successful applicants will join an international Faculty of leading researchers working in the field of LPE studies for a series of writing workshops; masterclasses on core LPE topics, including on teaching LPE; roundtable discussions; sessions on publication strategies, with the support of the journals European Law Open and Journal of Law and Political Economy; networking opportunities, and social activities. We particularly encourage applications from researchers at the doctoral and early career stages.
Key areas of focus for the Academy are those that correspond to the crises currently impacting society, including those relating to the energy transition, housing, and the food system, as well as on the role of social rights, constitutions, and economic governance. However, we invite applications from researchers working on any theme connected to LPE research within and beyond Europe, including contributions from researchers working on the international and transnational arenas.
In order to apply for a place, applicants should submit a 500-word abstract outlining the longer paper (6,000-8,000 words) that they would propose to submit for the writing workshops, and a 2-page CV. Writing workshops will be convened by members of the Faculty, and all participants will be expected to read and comment on the work of their peers.
Participation in the Academy is funded thanks to the generous support of Partners for a New Economy and the Erasmus Initiative Dynamics of Inclusive Prosperity. Travel, accommodation expenses, and catering will be covered by the Academy organisers, subject to budgetary constraints.
Applications should be submitted by Monday 6th March 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicants will be notified within 2 weeks.
- Professor Alessandra Arcuri (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- Dr. Vladimir Bogoeski (University of Amsterdam)
- Professor Emilios Christodoulidis (University of Glasgow)
- Dr. Eliana Cusato (University of Amsterdam)
- Dr. Anna Chadwick (University of Glasgow)
- Dr. Klaas Eller (University of Amsterdam)
- Dr. Marco Goldoni (University of Glasgow)
- Dr. Ioannis Kampourakis (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- Professor Poul Kjaer (Copenhagen Business School)
- Dr. Lys Kulamadayil (Geneva Graduate Institute)
- Dr. Andrea Leiter (University of Amsterdam)
- Professor Athena Mutua (University at Buffalo)
- Dr. Phillip Paiement (Tilburg University)
- Professor René Repasi (Erasmus University Rotterdam, European Parliament)
- Dr. Javier Solana (University of Glasgow)
- Professor Sanne Taekema (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- Dr. Ntina Tzouvala (Australian National University)
If you have any questions about the Academy or the application process, please contact one of the Organisers, Anna Chadwick (email@example.com) or Ioannis Kampourakis (firstname.lastname@example.org).